Going to post a solution before I forget since I just got off the phone with IBM....

We spent quite a bit of time poking around and checking on settings and environment with nothing pointing to the problem. But then the IBM tech choose to take a look at the ssh job that was running. So, NETSTAT *CNN gave us the list and we took option 8 on the ssh job. Then Option 5 and saw that the job was running under my user profile and running in QCTL. The job name was DSP01....

The solution was to shoot ssh and restart it. Then we made sure it was running in QUSRWRK under the QSECOFR profile (which is normal). Bingo! I am getting output again.

I have a vague recollection of starting SSH from a console session during my last foray in updating to the last TR but...who knows. The IBM tech (awesome support) said he hadn't seen anything like that and was just working the list of possibilities when we landed on the solution.

FYI in case someone encounters the issue. Might be worth a look at the SSH job....

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/petehelgren