From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "JAVA400-L" <java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: JAVA400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Determining default JDK
Date: Fri, Feb 26, 2016 2:20 AM

I'm trying to determine how to set the default JDK.
I've read the following:
[1]http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzaha/rzahainstalljdk.htm?lang=en

So I see that I can set a JAVA_HOME variable. I'm not sure if the
vendor
product reads that. I've asked the vendor a question and I've heard
nothing back on that.
I also read
[2]http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzaha/multjdk.htm?lang=en
and it talks about an order of precedence.

I was wondering if there's some third option. Like some directory that
things check before any of these? Like I may have the following
directories
jdk60
jdk626
jdk70
jdk71
jdk80
all in /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM
I was wondering if there's some 'default' directory that uses a symbolic
link or some such thing to point to whichever of the above you want.

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
[3]http://www.dekko.com

--
This is the Java Programming on and around the IBM i (JAVA400-L) mailing
list