From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Kimmel
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2013 4:31 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the IBM i
Subject: RE: squirrel not starting after java update

About the first command in that bat file is

set IZPACK_JAVA="%JAVA_HOME%"

so it doesn't matter what IZPACK_JAVA had in it to begin with. It'll be set to nothing if JAVA_HOME is not set.

I think the installer will start squirrel going at its end. It is probably the only thing that sets IZPACK_JAVA, and it probably sets JAVA_HOME as well, both only at the job level, not the system level.

Try this: run a command prompt as administrator. Type

Set JAVA_HOME="/Program Files/Java/PathWhereYourBinIs/"
<Enter>
"C:\Program Files\squirrel-sql-3.5.0\squirrel-sql.bat"
<Enter>