But I wouldn't store anything in .../QIBM/...

/JavaTools/POI seems reasonable to me...

Charles

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Gary Thompson <gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Charles,
I thought of that, and wondered about "best practices" or "traditions"
for storing additional java resources.

Will others find my changes easy to understand and follow ?

Maybe put POI and such under /JavaTools/ ?

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:25 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the IBM i
Subject: Re: .jar/.tar file question #2

There's really no need to use /QOpenSYs/QIBM/...

You could simply create a folder off the root, /POI

Charles

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Gary Thompson <gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Dan,
I can barely spell Java, so I really appreciate the advice, and,
unfortunately, don't grasp the meaning of your FWIW comments, but am
keeping your post with the thought that the meaning will emerge in
time.

This is the path where I *think* I want to create the directory you
suggest:

/QOpenSys/QIBM/UserData

So, if the new directory is POI, then:

/QOpenSys/QIBM/UserData/POI

And class path:

/QOpenSys/QIBM/UserData/POI/poi-thing-1.jar
/QOpenSys/QIBM/UserData/POI/poi-thing-2.jar
. . .
/QOpenSys/QIBM/UserData/POI/poi-thing-6.jar

Hmm, my class path example looks ridiculous.