Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 2/1/2013 9:54 AM, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
I know that the i is very capable of doing a lot of work with a lot of jobs,
so I may very well be wrong.

I just happened to run into - a long while back when my beard was less grey
- a situation where this was a bottleneck.

Am I right when saying that the_default_ configuration of this job queue
thing is four slots, and you need a system administrator to change it?

-----Original Message-----
From:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Dan Kimmel
Sent: 1. februar 2013 15:56
To: Java Programming on and around the IBM i
Subject: RE: RUNJVA redux

Yeah, I'm confused by that, too. I run java either in QUSRWRK (QUSRNOMAX
*JOBQ) or I build my own subsystem with *NOMAX as the number of jobs and
*NOMAX as the number of jobs from the jobqueue. I build my own subsystem for
servers like Tomcat as I've found a dedicated memory pool yields performance
improvement. I can run any number of java jobs (with QSH, even) without
tying up any scarce resources other than processors and memory.