From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Fekete
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:29 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Newbie to RPG calling Java....what's a good reference to start learning!

I am passing in a IP address, a port #, a name and a debug option as four strings.

This is the lines from the Java program to return the parm

public static String[] main(String[] args) throws Exception

{

String [] arrResult = new String[10];

(Other stuff in the middle here)

arrResult[0] = [Value read from scale];

return arrResult;

}

The RPG looks like this..(I don't even know if I'm in the ballpark or not)

H DFTACTGRP(*NO)

D JavaPGM pr STATIC

D EXTPROC(*JAVA:

D 'ScaleTools':

D 'main')

D O CLASS(*JAVA:'java.lang.String')

D DIM(5)

DString$new PR O EXTPROC(

D *JAVA:

D 'java.lang.String':

D *CONSTRUCTOR)

D CLASS(

D *JAVA:

D 'java.lang.String')

D bytes 60A CONST VARYING

D args S O CLASS(

D *JAVA:

D 'java.lang.String')

D DIM(5)

*setting up parameters to use in java call

C Eval args(1) = String$New('XXX.XX.XXX.XX')

C Eval args(2) = String$New('6001')

*call Java program

C Callp JavaPgm(args)

C Eval *InLR = *On

_____

date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:14:00 -0500

from: Dan Kimmel < <mailto:dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

subject: RE: Newbie to RPG calling Java....what's a good reference to

start learning!

The archives of this list and the archives of the RPG list also on midrange.com are a good place to start.

What types are you passing as parameters and what type are you expecting to be returned? What versions of RPG, iOS and Java?

You might show us the interface of the java method you are trying to prototype and what you have tried as a prototype and the errors you receive.