From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Lampert
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:06 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the IBM i
Subject: Re: Tomcat 7.0.25 on an AS/400, V5R4, Another try. Help?

On the Tomcat list, Tim Watts wrote:
- Add these lines to the end of conf/logging.properties:

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.level = ALL
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.level = ALL

I tried it just now.

No effect whatsoever. The catalina.out log and the spool file produced by STDOUT are exactly the same as before.

He also suggested this test program:
import java.io.File;
import java.net.URL;
import java.net.URLClassLoader;

public class FindClass {
try {
URLClassLoader loader = new URLClassLoader(
new URL[] {new
File("/wintouch/tomcat/lib/catalina.jar").toURI().toURL()});
loader.loadClass(args[0]);
System.out.println("URLClassLoader found
class '" +args[0] +"'");
}
catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();

but I'm a bit fuzzy on how to get it to compile and run with the JVM at /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit

Can somebody advise me on the nuts-and-bolts of specifying that particular JVM?

--
JHHL