Ok, I'm officially at my wits end. I've written a java class which accepts an array of string objects and returns a string. Here is the prototype in the RPG program:

d ResendOrder pr o extproc(*JAVA:
d 'com.WMS_BPCS_Integrator.ex-
d ecutable.ResendOrder':'main')
d class(*JAVA:'java.lang.String')
d o class(*JAVA:'java.lang.String')
d dim(2)

However, when I call it, I'm receiving the following error:

Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure GWBA09D5 in program MXMLIB/GWBA09D5 received
Java exception "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main" when calling method
"main" with signature "([Ljava.lang.String;)Ljava.lang.String;" in class
"com.WMS_BPCS_Integrator.executable.ResendOrder".

NOW HERE'S THE FUNNY PART.

When I pull up the class with javap -s, here's what I get for the signatures:

public class com.WMS_BPCS_Integrator.executable.ResendOrder extends
java.lang.Object{
public com.DelMonte.WMS_BPCS_Integrator.executable.ResendOrder();
Signature: ()V
public static java.lang.String main(java.lang.String[]);
Signature: ([Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
}

Notice how the signatures match? So do I.

This class works just fine as long as I don't try to RETRIEVE a parm. Removing the return value from both the prototype and the class has the class running normally.

So...is it possible to actually prototype a java class so that it actually does return a value to the calling RPG program, or am I banging my head against the wall for nothing?

I've tried everything that I can think of so far. I even tried changing it to a *constructor procedure and passing in the parms that way, but it really didn't like that.