Thanks Walt - I think you onto something here.
Here is first line in my script:
#!/bin/sh

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Walt Madden
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 2:07 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: shell script not found error

Alex Pinsky wrote:
I'm in containing directory. Here is the log:
ls

aero rotate_catalina_out.sh
tcserver-instance.sh

aeronetstart.sh tcserver-ctl.bat tijars

aeronetstop.sh tcserver-ctl.sh tomcat-6.0.20.A

boot.rc.template tcserver-instance.bat

$

> tcserver-ctl.sh

qsh: 001-0014 Command /tcServer-6.0/tcserver-ctl.sh not found.

$

> ./tcServer-ctl.sh

qsh: 001-0014 Command ./tcServer-ctl.sh not found.

$

Above ls shows that this script is found but for some very strange
reason I can not execute it...

Generally, the first line of a script contains a "#!" line specifying
the
script processor like so:
#!/usr/bin/sh

What does the first line of your problematic script contain? A
(sometimes
frustrating) shell scripting behavior is that you will also receive a
"not
found" error if there is a problem locating the script processor
specified
on that first line of the script.