From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary L Peskin
Sent: December 3, 2009 10:04
To: 'Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400'
Subject: RE: QSYSObjectPathName -- Length is not valid???

Hi, Paul --

From the error message and stack trace, it looks like you're calling
the
(String, String, String) constructor with a second argument of "/QSYS.LIB/MDBLLIB007.LIB/BLPEDI94.FILE/MAVERIK.MBR" rather than just MDBLLIB007. This is why it's complaining that the object name is too long.
Check earlier in the stack trace to see where you're calling the constructor from and if the second argument could somehow get messed up (ie assigned to the entire path name instead of just the object name) in a multithreaded environment. In particular, check to see if the second argument is supplied by a class or instance field rather than from a method variable.

You might want to turn on tracing as well via a call to

Trace.setTraceDiagnosticOn(true);
Trace.setTraceOn(true);

It would also be good to put some kind of logging of System.err.println call in your code just before you call the QSYSObjectPathName constructor and print out the value of each of the three arguments.

HTH,
Gary