From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Johnson
Sent: April 21, 2009 05:38
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Classpath Setting Using only Folders

After trying the folder thing with little success over the weekend, our
Java developer did a little more research and said that was new for 1.6.
I tried upgrading the i5 to v 1.6 a while back with little success. Will
try again after doing more research and such on that subject.

I thought about using the "/QIBM/UserData/Java400/ext" folder but don't
really like the idea of throwing tons of jars in there. The number of
jars needed to support JasperReports3.5 is 40+. And then start throwing
other jars in there to support other 3rd party software seems like a
nightmare to me.

I like the suggestions of the java.ext.dirs property and the jar
manifest.
Will do some more research on those.

THANKS!
-- Scott J