I've built a Tiff-to-Modca converter. It isn't really difficult as both are just wrappers on a CCITT Group 4 compressed image as long as you're working bitonal. Would something like that help you out? You might have to add the Overlay headers. BTW, AFP is an extension of Modca, formally Mo:DCA. Maybe you can find something on a Modca driver. An overlay is a Modca definition.

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 5:57 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: AFP printer driver for Java or Linux?

I am currently doing some overlays for the print system on AS/400, and the current "print to file using APF driver" from Windows and handcarry to AS/400 is a bit fragile.

Apparently I do not know the right terms as I cannot locate anything but Windows drivers for APF printers, so I'd ask here.

Is there a driver available which can be easily scripted on a non-Windows machine? I was hoping for GhostScript but Java or netpbm will do as well?

Another approach could be converting PDF's on the i from Java or CL.
What keywords would I use for that?

Thanks :)

--
Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen "...plus... Tubular Bells!"