Can you show us the error. Also the bolding did not come through. Which
statement is having the problem?

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Wes Taylor
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:44 AM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ProgramCall with double parm

Hello all,

We have the need to call a iSeries Cobol program via a Java class with a
parameter of type double. We are currently doing this but, the parms we
are passing in are Strings and we are using the texConverter to convert
this.

We now have the need to call a Cobol program with a double parameter. I
am getting a length error. My double is 7 with 2 decimal places. It is
erroring out on the bold statment below.

I'm not sure where to put the length.

AS400DataType[] myStruct = {new AS400Text(7,
system.getCcsid(), system), new AS400Float8() };
AS400Structure myConverter = new AS400Structure(myStruct);
Object[] myData = { new Double(quantity1) };
byte[] myAS400Data = myConverter.toBytes(myData);
parmList[4] = new ProgramParameter(myAS400Data, 0);

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Wes Taylor
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Comporium Data Services