I use Spring JDBC all the time (and Spring MVC on webapps, and Spring over Axis). I haven't played with the new Spring/Eclipse integration.

Although i must be doing something wrong, because i end up with a whole lot more than 1-2
lines of Java. For each table i have an object which contains an SQL insert sub-object, an SQL update
object, an SQL query object, etc. And the query sub-object can be pretty bulky depending on
how many different ways i want to look at the table.

Do you have an url which shows how to use Spring JDBC with only 1-2 lines of code?

dik

Sarah Poger Gladstone wrote:
James- I have not used the tools you mentioned. I have used Spring
JDBC template and iBatis with the AS/400 without any issues. Keep in
mind all the tools you mentioned are ORM persistence tools, meaning
they generate the SQL needed to persist and load your Java objects.
iBatis and Spring JDBC Template do not generate SQL. The programmer
writes all SQL statements. iBatis and Spring JDBC Template just reduce
the amount of boilerplate code needed to talk to a db down to
practially zilch. My Java methods that query table with 20 SQL parms
and put the results into a List of objects is only 1-2 lines of Java
code ( and 4 lines of XML ) when I use Spring JDBC Template.
When I was comparing tools, I counted lines of XML plus lines of Java
code needed to talk to the db.

-Sarah