To: <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:32 PM
Subject: Getting the User on a JDBC connection

Hi

I have been using the following code to get the user on a JDBC connection.

((AS400JDBCConnection)connection).getSystem().getUserId();

this works fine using the remote driver: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver

but when the code runs natively using the local driver:
com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

The code fails with a classcast exception.

Does anybody have any idea how I can establish the userid of a native jdbc sql connection?

Thanks neill