James Perkins skrev:
It does work well, but like you said if the result set returns too many rows
there are some issues. I just wanted to make sure that there was not a
better way.
You're welcome.

As always, "better" depends on your needs. If your data is guaranteed to fit in memory, then load them and present them. If not, well, you have several options, none of which are trivial (i.e. takes time to learn), and may be overkill if all you want to do is show some web pages with strings from a database.

I would suggest you pick up the JPA way. If you do not start with a bean hierachy but with database tables, you need to reengineer beans from the database tables. I found that the MyEclipse implementation worked the best for plain tables. NOTE: DB/400 tables must support commit, otherwise JPA will not work. I do not know if plain Hibernate will work with non-journalled DB/400 tables - if it does, and you do not mind being married to Hibernate, that is a fine solution. JPA is a standard (Sun?) and have already several implementations, so I believe it will stay for quite a while (i.e. maintainance friendly).

Be warned, most frameworks are built for the data to be editable so they tend to be pretty complex.

/Thorbjørn