From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Murvin
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:42 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Program called by PCML not ending

Apologies if this is a duplicate. I wasn't subscribed (I thought I
was) and didn't see anything on this in the archives.

Hello;

We have an RPGLE program that is called using PCML from a Java
application by a software vendor. The call to the RPGLE program
results in a server job being started that then calls the RPGLE
program. The RPGLE program does it's thing and returns information
to the calling Java program. This all works okay, except the server
job never ends and each time the vendor calls this pcml program, it
starts another server job. There are hundreds of these jobs and we
have to bring down the subsystem to kill them.

What are we or the vendor missing? I would think that when the job
ends, it should just go away.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Server jobs looks like this in wrkactjob:

Opt Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function Status

QUSRWRK QSYS SBS .0 DEQW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW
QZRCSRVS SHIP_SVC PJ .0 TIMW

A partial list of the PCML java code:

sys = new AS400(machName, userID, Password);
ProgramCallDocument pcml;
try
{
sys.setGuiAvailable(false);

// uncomment lines below for logging (never got
this to work but kept them
// they are from ibm.com example PCML program...

//com.ibm.as400.data.PcmlMessageLog.setTraceEnabled(true);

//com.ibm.as400.data.PcmlMessageLog.setLogFileName("PCML.log");

KQLOG.D("Beginning PCML");
KQLOG.D(" Constructing ProgramCallDocument for
PSHPINF API...");

// Construct ProgramCallDocument
// First parameter is system to connect to
// Second parameter is pcml resource name.
// PCML source file "pshpinf.pcml" must be found in
the M3 classpath.
pcml = new ProgramCallDocument(sys, "PSHPINF");

// set Varsity input parameters
HDISH.setCONO(MMUPDREPDS.getM9CONO());
HDISH.setINOU(1);
HDISH.setDLIX(MMUPDREPDS.getM9RIDI());
IN91 = !HDISH.CHAIN("00", HDISH.getKey("00"));
// Delivery number DLIX
//this.PXNUM = HDISH.getDLIX();
//this.PXEDTC = 'L';
//this.PXDCFM = LDAZD.DCFM;
//this.PXALPH.clear();
//SRCOMNUM.COMNUM();
XXDLIX.move(HDISH.getDLIX());
pcml.setValue("PSHPINF.DELIVERYNO", XXDLIX);

// Package/Carton Number PANR

XXPANR.moveRight(MMUPDREPDS.getM9PACN().toStringRTrim());
//BR02002 MICKYB
pcml.setValue("PSHPINF.PACKAGENO", XXPANR);

// Total package TPKG
// Get Total Package
int count = 0;
PTRNS.setCONO(HDISH.getCONO());

PTRNS.setDIPA(0);

PTRNS.setWHLO().move(HDISH.getWHLO());

PTRNS.setDLIX(HDISH.getDLIX());
PTRNS.SETLL("00", PTRNS.getKey("00",
4));
while (PTRNS.READE("00", PTRNS.getKey("00", 4))) {
count++;
}
//this.PXNUM = count;
//this.PXDCFM = LDAZD.DCFM;
//this.PXALPH.clear();
//SRCOMNUM.COMNUM();
XXCNT.move(count);
pcml.setValue("PSHPINF.TOTALPKGS", XXCNT);
// Total Package end

// User ID to run RPG program
XXUSER.moveLeftPad(this.DSUSS);
pcml.setValue("PSHPINF.USERID", XXUSER);
pcml.setValue("PSHPINF.TRACKINGNO", EnvName);
pcml.setValue("PSHPINF.STATUSCODE", " ");

// Call PSHPINF API
pcml.callProgram("PSHPINF"); // program
name <----- Dave this is the call right here. Above setups up
the parameters, below here is the return processing....

// Returned values from PSHPINF API
StatusCode = (String)
pcml.getValue("PSHPINF.STATUSCODE");
ShipperTrackerNo = (String)
pcml.getValue("PSHPINF.TRACKINGNO");
}
catch (PcmlException pe)
{
String err = pe.getMessage();
if (err.length() > 50)
{
ShipperTrackerNo =
err.substring(err.length()-50, err.length());
}
else
{
ShipperTrackerNo = err;
}
StatusCode = "1";
IN60 = true;
this.MSGDTA.moveLeftPad(pe.getMessage());
this.MSGID.moveLeftPad("CPF9898"); // Package
number &1 does not exist.
}
catch (Exception pe)
{
String err = pe.getMessage();
if (err.length() > 50)
{
ShipperTrackerNo =
err.substring(err.length()-50, err.length());
}
else
{
ShipperTrackerNo = err;
}
StatusCode = "1";
IN60 = true;
this.MSGDTA.moveLeftPad(pe.getMessage());
this.MSGID.moveLeftPad("CPF9898"); // Package
number &1 does not exist.
}
varStatus.move(StatusCode);

KQLOG.D("Varsity user: " + XXUSER);
KQLOG.D("Varsity status code returned 0=OK 1=Error: "
+ varStatus);
KQLOG.D("Varsity tracking number: " + ShipperTrackerNo);

// Display error if found
if (StatusCode == "1") {
IN60 = true;
this.MSGDTA.moveLeftPad(ShipperTrackerNo);
this.MSGID.moveLeftPad("CPF9898"); // Package
number &1 does not exist.
}

// Update ETRN with varsity number returned
PTRNS.setCONO(HDISH.getCONO());

PTRNS.setDIPA(0);

PTRNS.setWHLO().move(HDISH.getWHLO());

PTRNS.setDLIX(HDISH.getDLIX());
PTRNS.setPANR().moveLeftPad(MMUPDREPDS.getM9PACN());
IN91 = !PTRNS.CHAIN_LOCK("00", PTRNS.getKey("00"));
if (!IN91) {
PTRNS.setETRN().moveLeftPad(ShipperTrackerNo);
PTRNS.UPDAT("00");
}
} // ZVARSITY END B

Dave Murvin