Any of you pushing data from server to client web browser in Java? We
want to push data from our System i to browser-based executive
dashboard, and display ten rows of data from a DB2 table on our System
i.

Evidently it is possible, as I found that Google already had this in
their predictive spell-ahead: "push data from server to client"

Lots of explanation at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_technology
including a link to chapter 6 of the O'Reilly book on doing server push
with CGI programming.

Push technology, or server push, describes a style of Internet-based
communication where the request for a given transaction originates with
the publisher or central server. It is contrasted with pull technology,
where the request for the transmission of information originates with
the receiver or client. The wikipedia article pointed to this CGI
explanation in
http://oreilly.com/openbook/cgi/ch06_06.html

Eric Lehti (918) 879-6036 direct; (918) 292-9142 mobile