Haven't tried it, but theoretically WASCE for AIX 5.3 on pSeries should work in PASE, shouldn't it? It is pretty interesting that WASCE doesn't show PPC64 and i5/OS as a supported environment but I think all pSeries hardware is running PPC64 and AIX 5.3 is supported there. That might get you to PASE if your hardware is relatively recent.

Pete Helgren

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
Hi.

I am to write a JSF-application (whee) which uses a database persistance layer (urgh) to do some simple operations.

I have found that Netbeans 6.1 Visual JSF has some really nice stuff, but that the tutorials really, really would like you to use a JEE 5 compliant server. Apache Geronimo 2.1.3 strongly dislikes being run on the i (bah) and the Sun Glassfish reference server is released under the click-through license, which I for some reason cannot make work on the i (bah) so I cannot unpack the binary release.

Is there anybody anywhere who has gotten a JEE 5 server up and running on the i (V5R3 flavour).

THanks in advance :)

/Thorbjørn