TAllen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The user CCSID is set to the system value, which is 65535 (none), as
are all users. I don't know that I can change that.

The exact error message is:

java.sql.SQLException: INTERNAL ERROR: Creation of DB2Driver object
for registering with DriverManager failed. -> com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2JDBCDataException: CCSID value is not valid.

This is the result of calling the following Java command, as noted in
the IBM page.

JAVA CLASS(com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PackageCreator) ('system' 'user' 'password')

There is quite literally, /no excuse/, for any user profile to have a CCSID of *HEX or 65535 [if the user will access data from an ASCII interface or a different language environment]. However if the assumption is made that the profile(s) will\can not be changed, then perform the request locally on the server on a command line after CHGJOB CCSID(37); e.g. as in the following link under heading "To create all the domain database libraries" which shows the DB2PackageCreator and verification:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r0/topic/com.ibm.wp.exp.doc/wpf/is_cr_rem_db2.html

However I doubt that the assumption of no change will hold. I expect that the CHGUSRPRF will be required; CHGPRF supports the CCSID() parameter as well, for a user to change their own Coded Character Set Identifier if the issue for "can change" is for lack of capability to issue CHGUSRPRF. Refer to the JDBC related support document which also suggests that the CHGUSRPRF should be performed:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0/9ea41ee0c6099d1e86256caa006e4b59?OpenDocument

For more details about DB2 for i5/OS CCSID requirements, refer to each of the following [ignoring portal specific details]:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r0/topic/com.ibm.wp.exp.doc/wpf/plan_db2_is.html
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r0/topic/com.ibm.wp.exp.doc/wpf/is_prep_for_dbs.html

Regards, Chuck