From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:30 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Can "ProgramCall going in MSGW" be detected?

Hi.

We have a situation where we would like to be able to detect reliably if
a ProgramCall ends up in Message Waiting (MSGW) in order to be able to
notify a developer (guess who :) )

Right now it just hangs and awaits the ProgramCall to return which is as
such ok, but I'd just like to know that it has happened.

I was thinking of creating a thread which periodically looks at the
ProgramCall job if it is in MSGW, but I'd rather have an event if at all
possible (easier to code, no threads etc), but I do not remember seeing
such a facility in the documentation.

What would be the appropriate way to do so?