Hi
As per your suggestion i changed my URL, the actual
URL is as below
jdbc:db2:*local/;naming=system;date format=iso;time
format=hms;prompt=false;transaction isolation=read
committed;trace=true;errors=full
;libraries=,MS006S,MAPS6304QA,MAPS6304DV,MAPS6303DV,MAPS6302DV,MAPS6301DV,MAPS6300,MAPS6304F3,FSUTIL,FLDSYSGPL,QGPL,QTEMP,DBU70,DISTRIBUTE,WRKDBF,HELPLIB2,MAIL200804,MWILIB,REGP1001QA,REGP1001DV,REGP1000,REGP1001F3,RPGTOOLBOX,CXFSA6304,TLABARCODE,TAATOOL
and i get the same error,
I started the library list with ',' but still it wont
replace the current library list.
Library MWILIB added to library list.
Library MAIL200804 already exists in library list.
Trigger program or external routine detected an error.
Where MAIL200804 is already in jobs library list.

I am running this program on AS400, dont know whom
should i open ticket with, is it IBM or some one else

Ashish

--- CRPence <crp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"libraries": Specifies one or more libraries that
you want to add to
*or replace* _the library list_ of the server job;
List of server
libraries, separated by _commas_ or _spaces_;
default: "*LIBL"; When you
do not use *LIBL, the specified libraries *replace*
the current library
list of the server job;

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.etools.iseries.toolbox.doc/jdbcliblistproperty.htm

I was not aware of the implied behavior as noted
in the last
statement above about *replace*.
As far as I know, the comma-separated list is
used to prepend the
list with a single comma, to effect the *replace*.
See also:
7. Library property specified, _list starts with
a comma_; System
Naming: No default schema, all libraries on list
searched, list replaces
job's library list.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.etools.iseries.toolbox.doc/jdbcliblistproperty.htm#jdbcliblistproperty

As such, I suggest trying to replace the current
attempt:
libraries=,QTEMP,MYLIB,QGPL,MYLIB2

IMO the documentation is very poor. I find it
disturbing that
something as simple as the concept of a library
list, is described in a
JDBC FAQ as "complicated." Implying that the
"behavior of library lists
on an i5/OS system is quite complicated." To me,
the complication is in
their poor implementation and *very vague*
documentation. So unclear,
they have to have a long entry in a separate FAQ
document;

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/toolbox/faqjdbc.html
Even more
disturbing, is that the FAQ is basically just a
repeat of the already
poorly worded documentation.

I would open a defect issue with your service
provider. Given the
stated results, the "libraries" property appears not
to work as it is
documented: "When you do not use *LIBL, the
specified libraries replace
the current library list of the server job." If
that quoted
documentation is correct, then the traced results
should not show any
ADDLIBLE errors, because the implementation should
be, instead of any
ADDLIBLE activity, one request to:
*SYSTEM/CHGLIBL ( QTEMP MYLIB QGPL MYLIB2 )
CURLIB(*SAME)

Regards, Chuck
--
All comments provided "as is" with no warranties
of any kind

Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
I have a java program which runs on AS400, I
create a JDBC connection
using a URL as below
"jdbc:db2:*local/;naming=system;date
format=iso;time format=hms;
prompt=false;transaction isolation=read
committed;
libraries=QTEMP MYLIB QGPL MYLIB2";

But if the local user has library MYLIB is his job
profile, then MYLIB
is not added again in the sequence I specify in
libraries, but it is
at end, so the JDBC connection library list looks
like
QTEMP QGPL MYLIB2 MYLIB, which causes issues if
there are some files
in both the libraries. I did add trace=true and
errors=full to trace
it, it seems that ADDLIBLE command is used to add
the library, and this
command fails when library is already present. Is
this the way this is
suppose to work, the API documentation says
"Specifies one or more
libraries that you want to add to or replace the
library list of the
server job" But some how it is not working as I
would like to set the
library list. Any ideas?

--
This is the Java Programming on and around the