Aaron Bartell skrev den 21-02-2008 16:41:
build that interface upon. The one thing I lack on the JDBC front is
bi-directional communication. That's why I like data queues so much,
Sounds like you should build a transport agnostic interface towards your servers, and then implement what ever you need. Sounds like you should be able to implement Ajax-lookalike stuff with dataqueues very easily.

weight. That's kinda why I have trimmed it down to very basic XML (i.e. no
SOAP, concise documents, no schema validation, etc).
Regardless of what XML dialect you end up using, I would strongly recommend that you create a DTD or an XSD for it. This allows you to put in a validator "in front" of it while you develop and test. We did that in an earlier project where XML was generated with very convoluted Cobol. It helped a lot catching edge cases (what should be printed when no items is available for a list etc).

Take care and stay warm up there

Right now I am wearing TWO sweaters and a t-shirt in my office in the
basement. Usually with all my computers the temp gets up to 70+ degrees,
but today it is hovering at 64/65 - ouch. Every once in a while I have to
warm my hands up like the football players of the past - brrr! :-)
You definitively need larger and more inefficient computers!

/Thorbjørn