David Gibbs wrote:
That's a pain. Java on the i should know about that kind of thing.
Yeah, I can see your point. But really, this isn't Java on the i, it's JTOpen. And technically the calling JVM can be running on another machine and even another operating system, so what do you do then? I guess what you're saying is that there should be a native optimization that if the JVM is on the same machine as the QZRCSRVS job, then set the initial library list to the library list of the JVM.

Of course, if you count on that, then you won't be able to move the program off of the machine without adding additional code, and that could be a concern.
I wrote a routine to set the QZRCSRVS library list based on the java.library.path property: http://code.midrange.com/1ac0470fdf.html
That's very cool. I don't usually invoke the JVM from a command line, but that would be very cool especially for server jobs submitted to batch. Set the library list on the job and be assured that all JTOpen jobs will have the same library list. Nice.

Joe