Luis Colorado skrev den 05-02-2008 18:49:
I have however been able to open an xterm from the iSeries with PASE in this life. It is truly incredible what is hidden in the corners of this system.

Really? How did you do that? I'd really want to know. Can you provide any more details?

It is very similar to what is done elsewhere. Start your X11 server and disable all access control (xhost +). Start QSH and type

$ DISPLAY=<your-ip>:<your-display> (e.g. 10.1.1.1:0)
$ export DISPLAY
$ /QOpenSys/usr/bin/X11/xterm

(the dollar signs are prompts, not stuff to type). On our V5R3 box mwm is available as a window manager but not much else in terms of programs.

I just checked. http://www.wiredx.net/ still provides a usable X11 server in a browser.

By the way, have you tried cygwin? It runs Linux on top of Windows. No virtualization or stuff like that. The only problem is that it is huge.
Yes. It works well, but I like a real Unix better, so I have an old PC stowed away in a rack with an Ubuntu on it for those things, and for providing a test environment to others.