Hi Thorbjørn,

Offhand, it seems to me the best solution is to keep the application
versions identical. I'd do that by adding jt400.jar to WebSphere's
classpath or Java's lib/ext directory in your dev environment. Then you'd
never have to add or remove the jar from the WAR. You could also write
something with the zip classes to verify and remove unneeded object, but
what a lot of work.

But, if you need to check where the class is coming from, you should be
able to use java.lang.Class.getResource() for jt400Native.jar and also for
the class you're using (AS400Object for example) and check the returned
URL's. If you still have jt400.jar in WEB-INF/lib, then the AS400Object URL
should have "WEB-INF/lib" in there somewhere. Otherwise, it should start
with the jt400Native.jar URL. Obviously, the jt400Native.jar URL should be null on your dev box.

For the os.name property (and the other) return value, see:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/rzaha/sysprop2.htm

Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah - http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO - Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International? http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400? http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400