I just ran into a problem that had me stumped for a while ... I was
calling a procedure via a ProgramCallDocument ... but when the RPG was
invoked on the host, there was garbage in the parms.

There was no special translation going on ... but the data was total
gibberish (even though that's my family language).

Turns out the parameters in the procedure were specified to be passed by
VALUE ... which PCML can't deal with (unless the parm is int(4)).

Thus, when the code I called was invoked ... the parameter (which was
passed by reference) had a value of the address of the data (which,
obviously, would look like garbage).

I removed the 'value' modifier on the procedure parms and the program
worked like a champ.

david


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.