Well yes I do, but of course it is not public knowledge. Suffice to say
that as usual, the plan is for the next WAS version (after WAS 6.1 which is
available and uses JDK5) to require/use the next JDK level (i.e. the JDK
level that comes after JDK 5). As has been the case in the past, each WAS
version requires/uses a specific JDK level.
Additionally, I would say do not attempt to hold your breath for when the
next WAS version will be released (even if you have a large air tank on
hand).

Frances Stewart
WebSphere Application Server for iSeries, Technical Team Lead/Architect
External web site: http://www.iseries.ibm.com/websphere
Team web site: http://w3.rchland.ibm.com/~was
E-mail: francess@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Rochester

"Joe Sam Shirah"
<joe_sam@bellsout
h.net> To
Sent by: "Java Programming on and around the
java400-l-bounces iSeries / AS400"
@midrange.com <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

07/13/2007 02:29 Subject
PM Re: Java 6 on i5/os

Please respond to
Java Programming
on and around the
iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@midran
ge.com>

Hi Frances,

Always good to have a definitive IBM response. Do you have any idea
when Java 6 might be usable on WebSphere running on the AS/400? Thanks,

Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah - http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO - Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International? http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400? http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400