Mike,

I didn't see you get a response for this.  Did you?

If the NoClassDefFound error on the "lockbox" program or is it on something else? Or is "lockbox" just a folder?

You could add the current directory to the classpath by adding a ":." to the end of the CLASSPATH parameter. What folder was your "Hello" class in when you successfully ran it?

Pete Helgren

Smith, Mike wrote:
I have created a java program that I am trying to run from a CL using
the RUNJVA command.  So far unsuccessfully.  I think I have a problem
with my classpath, but I just can't figure out why. I have successfully run this. RUNJVA CLASS(Hello) CLASSPATH('/QIBM/ProdData/Java400')
PROP((java.version '1.4')) OPTION(*NONE)

I ran this just to make sure I had the basics correct.
So I exported from WDSC to    /QIBM/ProdData/Java400/lockBox my java
programs. UploadLockBox and ConnectDB2. I also copied jt400.jar to /QIBM/ProdData/Java400 So I have tried to run this command. RUNJVA CLASS(UploadLockBox)
CLASSPATH('/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/lockBox:/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jt400.j
ar') PROP((java.version '1.4')) OPTION(*NONE) But I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

I did not export as .jar file(as I probably should).  I just seem to for
whatever reason have better luck when I export as 'file system'

I've also tried to run via Iseries Transform and Run, with the same
results.
Any ideas?  I'd be glad to send offline screenshots of my directory
structure - if it would be helpful.
Michael Smith
iSeries.mySeries.