Richard,

I was able to get your suggestion to work.  This was the next piece I
was going to try after a got the first part working without using parms.
Thanks for you help!!

Nancy,

Your suggestion makes perfect sense to me, but now I am getting a
NullPointerException.  To make sure I understand what I am trying to do:
When I have a stored procedure that doesn't have any IN or OUT parms
then in my java I have to define a resultset to retrieve the data from
my procedure?

Here is my updated code, any more suggestions?  It gives me the error at
my while statement.

cs.execute();
  ResultSet rs = cs.getResultSet();
  while (rs.next ())
  {
  String customerName = new String();
  String customerNumber = new String();
  customerName = rs.getString("VAL2");
  customerNumber = rs.getString("VAL1");
  System.out.println("Got from stored procedure:" + " " + customerNumber
+ " " + customerName);
 }

Thanks for the help thus far!!

Curt VanCalster