From: Joe Sam Shirah
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Sent: 8/9/06 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: JDBC Toolbox driver/Loopback RDB entry

    Hi Lo,

    It appears that you will have to use the DB2 Universal JDBC Driver (
although note that the article I reference is nearly 3 years old; you
probably should verify that things haven't changed. )  See:

"Using JDBC in an iSeries Linux Partition"
http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/PrintArticle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@.6ae8441d
!loc=.6ae8441d

and

"Best practices, design, and optimal performance for a three-tier
application with Linux on iSeries and DB2 UDB for iSeries"
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/eserver/library/es-linux_bestpract
.html

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO       -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?            http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400