    Hi George,

    Neither of your examples in the message below match what I posted.  The
1 or 3 slashes are *only* for the "file:" protocol.  Any slashes or
backslashes in the file path are separate and additional.

>From your last ones:

        > file:/TecnoXML/aces.xml

is completely invalid.

        > file:///TecnoXML/aces.xml

doesn't work ( file: + 2 slashes ), although some docs make it appear that
it should.

My examples, where myFilePath is "/TecnoXML/ACES.xml" were:

   "file:///" + myFilePath;

    "file:/" + myFilePath;

    Result:

    "file:////TecnoXML/ACES.xml"

    "file://TecnoXML/ACES.xml"

    Let me know if those don't work; maybe I'll have some time tomorrow to
check it out if that's the case, but IIRC, should do.

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO       -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?            http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400