I am following these steps:
1. MD DIR(java)
2. CRTSRCPF MYLIB/QJAVASRC
3. Creating a member called test in QJAVASRC
open the member in edit mode and
do - "S caps off" at the top of the seu to allow lower case
4.Then i write this java program in member 'test'.

public class test {

static String mystring;

public static String setMyString(String s) {
mystring = s + "prog";
return mystring;

5. CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/qsys.lib/ablib.lib/qjavasrc.file/test.mbr')
TOSTMF('/java/test.java') STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)

6. wrklnk java
7. take option 5 and see the test.java there
8. qsh
9. javac /java/test.java
10. wrklnk java (see if the class file is created or not)
11. create a RPGLE member in QRPGLESRC called TESTJAVA

This is my RPGLE program TESTJAVA which calls the Java method setMyString
described in the above Java program:

Code:
D setMyString     PR              o   class(*java:'java.lang.String')

D                                     extproc(*java:

D                                             'test':'setMyString')

D                                     static

D mystring                        o   class(*java:'java.lang.String')

 *

D makeString      PR              o   extproc(*java:'java.lang.String':

D                                           *constructor)

D bytes                      65000a   const varying

 *

D getBytes        PR           100a   Varying

D                                     extproc(*java

D                                             :'java.lang.String'

D                                             :'getBytes')

 *

D string          s               o   class(*java:'java.lang.String')

D bytes2          s             20a   varying

 /free

   string = makestring('This is a test ');

   string = setMyString(string);

   bytes2 = getBytes(string);

   dsply bytes2;

   return;
14. Compile the program
15. ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(CLASSPATH) VALUE('/JAVA')
16. call the RPGLE program
When i first compiled and ran this program by doing CALL TESTJAVA, I got my
output as "This is a test prog".
But after that whenever i CALL TESTJAVA , I get an error:

Java exception received when calling Java method (C G D F).
Application error. RNX0301 unmonitored by TESTJAVA at statement 0000000021

Line 21 is the line which calls setMystring,i.e.
string = setMyString(string)

If anyone can give me some pointers about the reason for this error it will be
very helpful.

Thanks.
H DftActGrp(*NO) ActGrp(*CALLER)