Ashish- Try using the method to see all the types recognized by your AS/400:

con1.getMetaData().getTableTypes();

When I use this method against my as400, I get: "TABLE",  "VIEW"  and
"SYSTEM TABLE".

In the past I have noticed that any file created from DDS is type
"SYSTEM TABLE" and any file created using SQL is type "TABLE" But I
have not seen this documented anywhere by IBM.

HTH,
Sarah Poger Gladstone