On 10/26/05, Sarah Poger Gladstone <listmember@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you tried opening Internet Explorer ( or whatever the default web
> browser is) with the url of
> mailto:joe@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Something&body=somethingelse
>
> Then you don't need to deal with the registry to get their mail settings.

Well, the point of the exercise was to determine if there was a way to
circumvent the problems I was having trying to run "mailto:"; from a command
interface. If I know the actual command string invoked by mailto:, which the
registry shows, I might be able to get past that. (I'll try tomorrow.)

Another option is to embed the url in the DDS green screen and let the end
> user click it. Some 5250 emulators, such as client access, treat anything
> starting with http or mailto as a clickable area. You can test this in
> Client Access by typing ===>http://www.google.com at the command prompt.
> Then try clicking it.

Done this before. It requires the emulator to support it. Don't want to rely
on always having such an emulator.

- Dan