Hi!

The better way to handle this problems is to correct your AS400
configuration. Because jobs with 65535 are not a good idea in a
multilanguage environment. You can change the CCSID of the job with the
command CHGJOB CCSID(XX) where XX is your CCSID. For a permanent solution
change the CCSID in the user profile which is running the job. or you can
change the System value QCCSID. Please be carefull if you are changing the
system value. Do this only if you or your administrator fully knows how
national language support works on the AS400

Greetings

Ralf M Petter

Ashish Kulkarni <kulkarni_ash1312@xxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet von: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11.08.2005 16:18
Bitte antworten an
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

An
java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kopie

Thema
JDBC connection with different CCSID

Hi
We are having trouble in V5R3 to connect to AS400 due
to CCSID, this is a CL job which submits a java job in
batch, this java job opens a JDBC connection to DB2 to
retrieve data,
the problem is this CL job has CCSID as 65535 and so
JDBC connection does not work in V5R3
Is there a Connection parameter which i can set to use
CCSID 1026 instead of default 65535

Also if i create a AS400 job , can i cange CCSID of
this job

Ashish