Pete,

By chance have you (or anyone else) tried to interface either iReport
and/or Jasper with RPG?  I have a WebFaced application that is in dire need
of a good ad hoc reporting tool (I already have the front-end for field
selection, sort / selection criteria, etc.) and this looks like it would be
more than great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Sager

Pete Helgren wrote:

Aaron,

We use Jasper reports which works very well and we use iReport as the
designer tool.  It is a great free, open source combination.  You'll
find iReport much easier to use than Query/400 and the formatting is
much superior to  Crystal Reports (IMHO).

iReports generates a compiled object that Jasper then uses to render the
report.

You'll find it here: http://ireport.sourceforge.net/

Also DataVision has some useful features and produces nicely formatted
reports.

All of these applications are Open Source.

Pete Helgren