Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             Shane_Cessna@nal.
             com
             java400-l-bounces         Java Programming on and around the
             @midrange.com             iSeries / AS400
                                       <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             06/21/2005 03:07
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: probably a stupid question...

             Please respond to
             Java Programming
             on and around the
              iSeries / AS400
             <java400-l@midran
                  ge.com>

Mark,

yeah, all types are long...

so, you must be "blessed" with Kronos as well...

Shane Cessna
iSeries Programmer
iSeries WAS Administrator
North American Lighting, Inc.
(618) 662-4483 x2776
shane_cessna@xxxxxxx

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/21/2005 02:00 PM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: probably a stupid question...

Ahh, Kronos and Java. What a combination. Are you sure that all of your
variables are long types?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             Shane_Cessna@nal.
             com

             java400-l-bounces         java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             @midrange.com                                              cc

                                                                   Subject

             06/21/2005 02:50          probably a stupid question...
             PM

             Please respond to
             Java Programming
             on and around the
              iSeries / AS400
             <java400-l@midran
                  ge.com>

I'm having some real trouble comparing 2 long variables in a
method...here's my code:

if (tiatim >= indt1 && tiatim <= ondt) {
   System.out.println("tiatim = " + Long.toString(tiatim));
}

I've verified that in some cases tiatim does fit this condition, however,
I'm never getting the System.out.println to work...

How do you guys compare long values?...

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question...rookies tend to do that...

shane_cessna@xxxxxxxxx