Of course you use rs2.next();

Rune

Shane_Cessna@xxxxxxx wrote:

Paul,

sorry, that didn't work...I'm still gettin the same error...

Shane Cessna iSeries Programmer
iSeries WAS Administrator
North American Lighting, Inc.
(618) 662-4483 x2776
shane_cessna@xxxxxxx

"Clapham, Paul" <pclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/16/2005 10:04 AM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400 <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400" <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: JDBC question...

Here:

ResultSet rs2 = queryCKWORKCD.executeQuery();
wcnonw = rs2.getString(1);

you are missing a call to rs.next(). After executeQuery(), the cursor is positioned before the start of the ResultSet and the next() method moves it to the first record (if there is one).

PC2