I like pictures and examples.
Perhaps one of the reasons I don't like using the IBM books.
Thanks,

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/03/2005 12:02 PM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400'"
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Referred books

I'm glad you're going to start the great journey into Java.  I hope my
book is a help to you.  People either love my writing or hate it (story
of my life <grin>).  People who are looking for a reference manual of
every possible keystroke and command don't like it; they think there are
too many screen shots.  But those want a specific, step by step
introduction that takes nothing for granted seem to like it.

And although there's very little traffic, there is even a website for
any of my books: http://forums.plutabrothers.com/Books.  Feel free to
drop by there if you have any questions.

Joe

(And thanks to those who recommend my books to others.  I thank you.  My
wife thanks you.  Anthony thanks you, although it usually sounds more
like "Ba-ba" or "Out".  But you can tell, he really appreciates it.)