Dan --

Since no one has replied, I'll take a stab at it.  Have a look at the server
job logs for the server.  Are you running v5R3 on the server?  If so, the
server job should be QPWFSERVSO or QPWFSERVS2 in subsystem QSERVER.

If that doesn't help, the next thing I would do is to put a sniffer on the
PC.  If you don't have one handy, you can download Ethereal from
http://www.ethereal.com.  This has helped me figure out what's going on many
times.  The trace should show you the actual file name being requested and
the details of the message.  You can forward the capture to me on or
off-list and I will try to help.

Gary