Mochasoft has a java api for its java based emulator that allows one to screen
scrape.  I have a few *limited* instances where screen scraping would be an
enormous benefit.  This program is really inexpensive and the API looked easy
so I tried it out.

I was quickly able to get the sign on screen and effectively sign on and get to
the next screen.  No problem.

But what I can't seem to do is to get the buffer for any screen after the
intial screen.  Repeated calls to do_read_all() even after a do_wait_input(100)
get the original buffer data for the sign on screen.

I tried longer waits, changing byte variables, NULLing out the buffer array
before the next calls and get the same results.  Since I can watch the session
in a separate window I know I am moving to new screens on the 400.  It just
isn't reflected in the do_read_all().

Has anyone used this API?  I was hoping that perhaps someone may have a simple
example of a multi-screen screen scrape that works.

A very simple sample of my test program is shown below for those that want to
look.

Thanks,

Larry

public class Test2 {

        public static void main(String[] args)

        {
                byte buf[][];  // screen

                byte ttt[]={72,72,71,71,71,71,71,72,72};   // very simple
password hiding
                String sss = new String(ttt);                        // save
password as string for later use

                api_tn5250 a = new api_tn5250();

                a.do_load_config("tn5250.cfg");
                a.use_display(false,true); // hidden,standalone

                if (a.do_connect("mySystem",23) == true) {
                        a.do_wait_input(0);
                        buf = a.do_read_all();
                        a.do_goto_field(1);
                        a.do_write_text("LARRY");  //userid