Kelly,

MVC is not enforced by any tool. Best practices and experience say you
should separate your business logic from your control and view logic and
that is what MVC is. Tools like JSF, Struts, Spring, Velocity, display
files, Smarty templates, hibernate, EJBs, etc. just help you break up
your applications into logical pieces that support the model, view, or
controller. It is up to you to use them that way. I have never used JSP
scriptlets or tags to build a controller and I wouldn't recommend it
because reuse, debugging, and deployment will all be issues, but it is
possible.

David Morris

>>> kc62301@xxxxxxxxx 11/5/2004 7:33:41 AM >>>
I've heard of Java Server Faces but never really
looked into them. Thanks for the lead on info on using
JSF with WebSphere. I also downloaded the JSF
reference implementation and documentation from Sun.

Thanks again for the tip. I'll check it out.

Kelly

--- "Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)"

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/0401_barcia/

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2002/jw-1129-jsf-p2.html