From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 9:42 AM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XML and iSeries please help ...

Peter,

I use XML to store many configuration files with no problems. Are you
using the 1.4 JDK and did you set Xerces on your endorsed class path? It
also matters how are you reading your confguration -- there are several
options and for some you will have to set environment variables.

David Morris

>>> Peter.Daransky@xxxxxxxx 9/13/2004 5:03:04 AM >>>
Hi,
i've a big problem with my iSeries and XML files. I wroted some programs
where i'm using xml for storing and reading configurations stuffs. Ok,
on my PC i've tested it and it work perfect! Now i've moved the thing on
iSeries with V5R2, SF99169->18 and last cum pack and downloaded last
xerces jar files (the same as on pc). And now i've started it and the
thing don't work, cause if i start it from QSH i'll got some error deep
in Xerces classes (ArrayOutOfBoundException) ?! Then i've tryed
CRTJVAPGM on the xml*.jar files the thing does work, everything is ok.
After then i've started it from SBMJOB CMD(java ... ) and the thing
doesn't work as before, but what is worst i don't got any error the
programms just don't read some xml entries ?! But when i go back on pc
everything works perfect !
What's happen ... please has someone see something similar ? What can i
do ?

Thanks

Peter
--
This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400