Hi,

i see. Is this a J2SE Application or is it some kind of J2EE based app, where you have a servlet container or ejb container running? If you are on J2EE, i would suggest using JNDI and a slightly different approach when it comes to external declaration.

With J2SE, you normally dont have a naming service running and my suggestion wont work. When you cant change your property format, then i dont know if using datasources is the best way...

Price, Chris wrote:
Marc,

I understand your point - I can't find a setter missing.

The problem is that currently the jdbcUrl & driver properties are defined in
external property files, to allow our customers to configure their own
connection information, and changing the format of this is not an option.

So to use the existing information, I'll have to parse the JDBC URL string
to strip out the hostname and any parameters on the URL, process the
parameter file, then use reflection to call all the correct setters on
AS400JDBCDataSource. That's a lot of work to replace 2 lines of code.

To make it worse, when you look inside the code for AS400JDBCDataSource,
it's then rebuilds the JDBC URL, based on what it thinks it should be
anyway! So why can't I just set it upfront?

Chris.