Hi,

here we are again. If Hibernate is the best persistance API, than the iSeries is the cheapest
Server to get. You allways speak of FUD, how many Java based persistance APIs do you
have used the last years? I mean used, not heard of or something.

Please consult the JDO spec for more details on that. That "the best ones they have"
hides that RPG has no means of persistance API at all. There you have to know every
single DB field with expressive names like ART0010. Resulting in DSPFFD sessions
all over the place. WHY WHY WHY would i program a language where i have to know
stuff like this?

For people like using DB2 and the iSeries with an advanced programming approach when
it comes to storing data, check this one:
http://www.midrangeserver.com/mpo/mpo120403-story02.html

Joe Pluta wrote:

You are also not able to fully leverage the growing array of JDBC

based

persistence APIs and other Java components.

More FUD! The Java components I want (the UI stuff) are all available in a JSP/servlet UI. As to persistence APIs, the best ones they have are stuff like Hibernate, which is write-cached, which means if you lose your JVM you lose your updates!

WHY WHY WHY WHY would I want to move my mission critical systems from a
native I/O environment with almost zero faults to something that can
lose data anytime the JVM hiccups?