> From: CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I'm going to have to agree with Aaron on this one.

Opinions... everybody's got one.  <smile>

> But what do I
> do when I've bought two third party libraries both of whom have a
> RPGIVTOOLS
> module or a DATES module or maybe XMLSAX?

I'll worry about that when there are some viable third-party libraries.

> Finally I seem to recall reading a report of someone who has already
run
> into this problem with RPG lack of support for namespaces.

Yeah, and I ran into people who had a problem with the 32000-line limit
on source members.  That didn't mean the compiler needed fixing <grin>.

Seriously, I take your point.  But it seems unlikely that namespaces
will bite me anytime in the near future.  I'd rather see a MOVE BIF, or
some enhancements in parameter passing, before I worry about namespaces.
But you have just as good a chance at being right - if there's an
explosion in third party packages, namespaces will be necessary.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Joe