I am trying to retrieve the substitution data from an RQueuedMessage, but all I
ever get is for the substitution data is null.   Here is the code I am using...

    try {
      RJobLog wJobLog = new RJobLog(pAS400, pJobName, pUserName, pJobNumber);
      wJobLog.setSelectionValue(RJobLog.STARTING_MESSAGE_KEY, RJobLog.OLDEST);
      wJobLog.open();
      wJobLog.waitForComplete();
      long wNumberOfMessages = wJobLog.getListLength();
      for(long wI = 0; wI < wNumberOfMessages; ++wI) {
        RQueuedMessage wQMsg = (RQueuedMessage)wJobLog.resourceAt(wI);
        wQMsg.load(MessageFile.SUBSTITUTE_FORMATTING_CHARACTERS);
//        wQMsg.load(MessageFile.NO_FORMATTING);
//        wQMsg.load(MessageFile.RETURN_FORMATTING_CHARACTERS);
        byte[] wSD = (byte[])wQMsg.getAttributeValue(wQMsg.SUBSTITUTION_DATA);
        System.out.println("Substitution data is always null: " + wSD);
      }
      wJobLog.close();
    } catch (Exception wExc) {
      wExc.printStackTrace();
    }

The substitution data is always null (not an empty byte array).  I have tried
all three of the load constants, which by the way they seem to have no effect
on the formatting of the second level text either.

While I'm searching for answers let me ask another question.  The reason I am
doing this is I want to hunt down message CPI432F, which states an Access path
is suggested.   I then want to construct an index with information from the
substitution data.  I would sure think that I am re-inventing the wheel on this
task.   Can anyone reference me to some existing code to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help in advance.