From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary L Peskin
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 4:44 PM
To: 'Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400'
Subject: RE: IFS file to PF Member

What is happening is exactly what I would expect since you're not doing
anything to convert from ASCII to EBCDIC.  Make the following changes:

  String strData = inStreamFile.read(buffer.length);
  while (strData.length() > 0)
  {
    outStreamFile.write(strData);
    strData = inStreamFile.read(buffer.length);
  }

You can replace buffer.length with the length of the longest string you
want
to read and do away with buffer altogether if you'd like.

HTH,
Gary