Gary,

Thanks very much for your suggestion, I have now done as you suggested and
written a job to run each night to CHGJOB the job date on the QZRCSRVSD job
and this is working fine!

Regards,

Nigel Gay,
Computer Patent Annuities.

|         |           "Gary L Peskin"    |
|         |           <garyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           >                  |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           java400-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           14/01/2004 15:36   |
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Java Programming on|
|         |           and around the     |
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |

<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>              |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: Job Date when calling CL/RPG/etc from Java using PCML

If you are at v5r2 or later, try the following (untested):

  Job[] servJobs = myAs400.getJobs(AS400.COMMAND);
  Date today = new Date();
  for (int i = 0; i < servJobs.length; i++)
  {
    servJobs[i].setJobDate(today);
  }

  If that doesn't work, you could perhaps write a CL/RPGLE program that
would run at midnight each night and do a CHGJOB on the QZRCSRVSD job.
That
way, you wouldn't need to do this in every Java program that calls an RPG
program.

HTH,
Gary